Dental hygienists are specially trained to clean patients’ teeth professionally, which is usually referred to as scaling, root planing and polishing.
· Preventive advice – day-to-day care of your gums and teeth delivery treatment
· Dental care and tooth brushing sessions for your children
· Teeth cleaning and polishing
· Administration of fluoride
· Administration of anesthetic, when necessary
· Applying fissure sealant on children’s teeth
· Stain removal – eg. tea, coffee or red wine stains.
· Teeth whitening
· Advice on how to stop smoking
Dental Hygiene Services
· Teeth and soft tissue examination
· Complete Periodontal Assessment
· Oral Cancer Screening
· Oral Health Education
· Scaling and Root Planing
· Teeth Whitening and Stain Removal
· Enamel Re-mineralization and Desensitization
· Needle-free Anesthesia
Sullivan Dental Hygiene is proud to offer our patients DENT-X digital imaging. We are able to take instantaneous high quality digital x-rays that greatly reduce exposure to radiation.
Smile Makeovers! With Spa-Dent
Brighten your smile and elevate your mood
Spa-Dent is non-toxic non-allergenic, and safe
FAST! Amazing results within 20 minutes
2 to 8 shades whiter
Virtually NO sensitivity
Get that WOW! Factor today
Velma Stevenson B.Sc., RDH
A Loma Linda University Alumni
With over 20 years of experience is now practicing In your community
Reasons to Have a Dental Cleaning
To Prevent Oral Cancer. When you have your dental cleaning, your hygienist is also screening you for oral cancer, which is highly curable if diagnosed early.
To Prevent Gum Disease. Gum disease is an infection in the gum tissue and bone. It is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss. If diagnosed early, it can be treated and reversed. If treatment is not received, a more serious and advanced stage of gum disease may follow. Regular dental cleanings and check ups, flossing daily, and brushing twice a day are key factors in preventing gum disease.
To Help Maintain Good Physical and Oral Health. Recent studies have linked heart attacks and strokes to gum disease, resulting from poor oral hygiene. A dental cleaning every 6 months helps to keep your teeth and gums healthy and could possibly reduce your risk of heart disease and strokes.
To Have a Bright and White Smile. Your dental hygienist can remove most tobacco, coffee and tea stains. During your cleaning, your hygienist will also polish your teeth to a beautiful shine. The result? A whiter and brighter smile!
To Prevent Bad Breath. Dental studies show that about 85 percent of people with persistent bad breath, also known as halitosis have a dental problem that is to blame. Good oral hygiene is essential in preventing bad breath. Regular check ups and cleanings are the best way to make sure that you are maintaining good oral hygiene.
- Sun – Fri : 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday : Available on request